Quest Mantis 4s HELP!!!

12:45 p.m. on March 25, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1 forum posts

I am in need of someone that has this tent. i lost the 2 long poles that cross over the tent that hold the rain fly up. i have googled the C%*p out of this and can't find the length. I'm pretty sure one pole is 7 sections and the other is 8 sections and just a foot or so longer. tentpole technologies doesn't have the dimensions on this particular tent. It is about a 1994 vintage. if you have any info please call me at 541-948-4385 or e mail at awhite_23@hotmail.com

Thanks!

Andrew

7:46 p.m. on March 25, 2010 (EDT)
52 reviewer rep
312 forum posts

If you can't find it, try getting a generic replacement pole and cut it down, finish the ends so they are very smooth and add the correct end-caps. If the poles are pre-bent in the middle sections, you may have to just see if it still works - leave them set up bent and they make take on the shape after a while. Perhaps a plumber could bend them with a pipe-bender?
If you have no idea of the original dimensions, try estimating the length of the originals by using cleary longer ones to start off. If it is sleeves, the diameter won't matter as much, clips would probably matter.

July 28, 2014
Quick Reply