Primus parts

8:56 a.m. on April 7, 2010 (EDT)
2 reviewer rep
11 forum posts

I have a Primus EtaPack Lite stove and need the black plastic pot liner/bowl. Anyone have any source? It packs up nicely together, I'd be irritated to have to jam the windscreen into the pot with a cloth to protect the coating, and use a separate bowl. Primus is apparently owned by North American Gear along with Origo and Brunton. You go to primuscamping.com and that is a North American Gear website. They can't sell this part. REI said try packstoves.com but they have two non-working phone#s and don't answer e-mails. I also question if REI should be selling stoves for which we can't get parts. REI will take the stove back they say but it works so well, just need the $%#@! pot liner.

8:07 p.m. on April 7, 2010 (EDT)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
2,445 reviewer rep
5,389 forum posts

Primus is a Swedish company (hope you can read Svenska - if not, here is the English page on the stoves). The current North American distributor is North American Gear. They do not distribute all of Primus' product line.

3:55 p.m. on April 8, 2010 (EDT)
2 reviewer rep
11 forum posts

I did e-mail Primus in Sweden, and as a result got a msg right away from the Brunton product mgr in the US. He was extremely generous, has mailed me a pot liner he had around the office! Not expected! Clearly customer relations is very important to Primus, though I still think they have a problem with supplying parts. But I'm not mad at Primus any more.

7:11 p.m. on April 10, 2010 (EDT)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
2,445 reviewer rep
5,389 forum posts

Great! I still have my Primus 71L from about 1960, as well as my Primus MFS that burns almost anything fluid and flammable. Plus, one of these days I need to do a formal writeup on the Eta.

12:16 p.m. on May 4, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,083 forum posts

Bill, absent a formal writeup, is the Eta a keeper?

9:01 a.m. on May 6, 2010 (EDT)
9 reviewer rep
3 forum posts

Glad you got your parts! I have a 10 year old Primus Himalaya MFS that North American does still have parts for. In fact I just ordered a pump rebuild kit a few weeks ago from them.

December 18, 2014
Quick Reply