So I crushed my Osprey Aether's buckle in a car door.

12:28 p.m. on March 9, 2011 (EST)
36 reviewer rep
13 forum posts

Just wanted to relay my experience with you guys. I was coming back from a brief trip to test some 3 season gear and closed my car door on my pack's buckle, badly damaging it (though it still functioned). I sent an e-mail to Osprey inquiring about the purchase of a new buckle. They asked me some details about my pack as well as my address. Next thing I knew they sent me a free replacement buckle with no hassle at all.

I won't think twice about buying an Osprey product the next time I'm looking for a durable pack, but that probably won't be for some time given how my current pack is holding up.

2:38 p.m. on March 9, 2011 (EST)
110 reviewer rep
762 forum posts

Nice. WTG Osprey! That's what good customer service is all about.  Thanks for sharing, Dave.

6:33 p.m. on March 9, 2011 (EST)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
983 reviewer rep
3,475 forum posts

Glad to hear that. Aside from being the right thing to do, good customer service is smart marketing, now they have you as a satisfied and loyal customer plus you are likely to tell people about your positive experience as your post indicates.

I once closed a truck door on a fishing pole section that decided to slide back out as the door was closing. It was replaced for free by a local G. Loomis dealer. You can't beat that.

August 22, 2014
Quick Reply