Wool Power of Sweden....Does anyone have experience with their wool garments?

8:10 a.m. on September 18, 2011 (EDT)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
983 reviewer rep
3,475 forum posts

Hey guys,

I am thinking of replacing a couple of my wool mid layers with something of higher quality, but before I laid out the cash I was hoping to get some input on Wool Power.

The Wool Power garments have less seams than what I have, plus they seem to be very well designed from what I can determine.

I have read reviews, etc. but would appreciate any opinions from Trailspace members.

I don't need recommendations on Smartwool or Ice Breaker really, I already have those.

I am looking at the 400 wt. mid layers found here.

I especially like the extended sleeves with thumb holes on the top garments.

There is a local distributor, Gransfor Bruks, ten miles from my house and the material looks to be everything it is cracked up to be.

Thanks Mike G.

9:27 a.m. on September 18, 2011 (EDT)
TOP 25 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
1,145 reviewer rep
598 forum posts

I've looked into this company endlessly. Been wanting some of there pieces for a while now. Unfortunatly I can't help you out with a review, but I, like you am very intrigued. Not cheap stuff though. If you do end up getting some please keep us updated with your thoughts.

9:44 p.m. on September 18, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,075 forum posts

I am going to buy a 200 wt garment this year; probably buy it and have my wife wrap it for me for Christmas.  "gee thanks honey, how did you know?"  I've not used Woolpower in the past but I have heard nothing but praise for the material by folks whose opinion I trust wholeheartedly.

2:52 p.m. on September 20, 2011 (EDT)
RETAILER
8 reviewer rep
210 forum posts

I have personal experience with them.

CONs: They lack fashion, if that matters.  They are purely functional.

PRO's : The terry cloth loop inner design is VERY warm.  The 200 wt base layer is very soft and warm.

I also use the 400 wt and the 600 wt.  The 400 wt does tend to be itchy, so I wear something next to skin underneath it.

Wool power stuff will cause you to overheat when the temps are above freezing, in most cases.

On occasion, I have had the seams come unraveled on the 200 wt and the 400 wt tops, which they have replaced.

Overall, when it is COLD outside, I like wearing them.

DISCLOSURE: I am a retailer for them as well.

6:43 p.m. on September 20, 2011 (EDT)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
983 reviewer rep
3,475 forum posts

Thanks guys,

I appreciate your reply vigilguy. I only care about functionality so the lack of fashion is okay. I would be wearing these over Capilene in below freezing temps.

I only need this type of clothing a few weeks out of the year but I like buying and wearing quality clothing.

8:31 p.m. on September 20, 2011 (EDT)
RETAILER
8 reviewer rep
210 forum posts

The guy that used to be the rep at the OR Show used to tell us that this stuff was made for the cold, adverse weather conditions in the North Sea.

I believe it.

9:49 p.m. on September 20, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,075 forum posts

Where do you retail the stuff?  It's rather hard to find and not many places sell it mail order.

August 21, 2014
Quick Reply