JakPak Jacket-Waterproof rain jacket, sleeping bag, tent all in one.

1:36 a.m. on October 7, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,237 forum posts

In line with the Rick's Thread "Outdoor Sleep Systems" we have this.  I just ran across this and no nothing about it.  Has any of you heard or seen it as of yet?  Wadda ya think?

http://jakpak.com/products/1-jackets.aspx

5:46 a.m. on October 7, 2011 (EDT)
102 reviewer rep
2,295 forum posts

The HOW IT WORKS link tab demonstration reveals what they call a sleeping bag most resembles a headless bivi bag; there is not insulation layer.  What they call a tent is said bivi bag with a head enclosure.  You get the picture.  These conversions are facilitated by stuff stowed aboard the jacket in dunnage pockets, which look like they add weight to the jacket meanwhile reducing its utility as a breatheable wind shell. 

Those multi tool Swiss army knives are good concepta; except I just don't understand why the knife fork and spoon all share the same handle.  That concept and this jacket/bag/tent are both are ideas that should have been left behind in the brain storm session meeting.

Ed

3:58 p.m. on October 7, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
911 forum posts

Look! A wearable bivy!

Perfect for homeless people.

I took a look at the video.  I really don't think I would want that "face flap" on top of me all night.  Maybe if it had some thing to hold it up a little better. It might not be to bad for emergency use on a day trip.

It might work for camping in Florida during the summer, but I think I'll stick with a tent or hammock.  

7:13 p.m. on October 9, 2011 (EDT)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

I saw this product a bit back. One of the designers chimed in on the thread. I am on my way back from one of my trips in the woods but I will shoot a link to the thread up when I get to my computer.

On a side note Hille has the Bivanorak.

8:08 p.m. on October 9, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,238 forum posts

Call me a "Dubious Brother".

~ r2 ~

October 22, 2014
Quick Reply