0 reviewer rep
2 forum posts

Any recommendations?

6:17 p.m. on October 16, 2011 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
1,308 reviewer rep
1,076 forum posts

Hi lisaj0803; welcome to trailspace.

The only tents I can say for certain are made in the USA are Oware (oware.com) and ZPacks (zpacks.com). I think Ron still makes all of his stuff in-house over at mountainlaureldesigns.com

Many other "cottage" manufacturers make things in the USA, but some products are outsourced at some point in their manufacture, and some things are simply made overseas.

You might look into Bearpaw's stuff (Bearpawwd.com), and the offerings over at Six Moon Designs (sixmoondesigns.com) too. Oh yeah...Bibler and Stephensons Warmlite products may or may not be made in the USA.

6:21 p.m. on October 16, 2011 (EDT)
2 reviewer rep
699 forum posts
7:54 p.m. on October 16, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,238 forum posts

Bibler (Black Diamond) is outsourced to China I believe. I own four bibler tents and I highly recommend them. I currently have a Bombshelter that I have had set up in my pasture that has been there for 21 days now. It has rained 16 out of the last 21 days with 3-4 inches the second night it was out. 4-5 inches total the rest of the time. Not a drop of water in the tent. Both vestibules have condensation every morning from the rain and grass and the vestibules need to be aired out to clear out the moisture. I highly recommend the Elder ado, Tripod Bivy, Bombshelter, and the Fitzroy. Older Biblers made before black Demand bought them out were made in the USA and can be found for much cheaper than a new one. You can find these on Ebay and Craig list quite often.

Stephensons Warmlite products are 100% "USA all the Way". ;-}

They also make some really jammin sleeping bags as well. I own two of their tents a 2r and 3r and one their sleeping bags.

http://warmlite.com/products-page/tents

I have no experiance with Bearpaw.  They are manufactured in the USA

http://www.bearpawwd.com/

6:56 a.m. on October 17, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
2 forum posts

Thanks everyone!

10:54 a.m. on October 18, 2011 (EDT)
242 reviewer rep
123 forum posts

What about Nemo, are they made in the USA?

2:18 p.m. on October 18, 2011 (EDT)
121 reviewer rep
603 forum posts

CAMP is a USA based gear company, but I'm not sure if their gear is more just technical climbing gear or if they have tents too. Some of their stuff is pretty good though, so check it out.

Also, High Peak USA is a great site I have gotten some high quality gear from at a good price, but I think it may just be a European company that recently expanded to the US.

5:10 p.m. on October 18, 2011 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
1,861 reviewer rep
1,319 forum posts

The only NEMO tents made in the USA that I know of are the tents they make for the military. It says on their website that about 95% of their tents are made in Taiwan, but all accessories are made in the US.

November 26, 2014
Quick Reply