Kelty Trekker 65

7:02 p.m. on October 25, 2011 (EDT)
21 reviewer rep
25 forum posts

Friends,

I tried the Kelty Trekker 65, and despite some complaints about the pack bag the pack felt pretty good with one caveat.  The shoulder straps and load lifters became loose what seemed like every 2-3 minutes.  I understand that some adjustment is normal, but this was excessive.  I returned that pack, but there are not a lot of external frame packs out there with load lifters, so I was wondering if anyone had experienced the same problem with the Kelty pack or whether this was just an anomaly.  Alternatively, does anyone have a practical solution beyond tying knots which seems self-defeating or does anyone have an alternative recommendation?

Bill

7:51 p.m. on October 25, 2011 (EDT)
344 reviewer rep
1,124 forum posts

I've had no problems with mine. I only adjust once or twice during a day of hiking.

8:33 p.m. on October 25, 2011 (EDT)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
2,430 reviewer rep
5,359 forum posts

Never had any problems with any of my Kelty external frame packs - Backpacker, Mountaineer, or Sherpa, with strap adjustments except for the Backpacker's waist belt. That waist belt tended to loosen when I had a heavy load (40 pounds of climbing gear) after about 2-3 hours of hiking (needed a break about then anyway).

November 24, 2014
Quick Reply