About | Blog | Forums | People | Free Newsletter
Trailspace is a product review site for outdoor enthusiasts. Use it to find and share great gear.

Recent Camelbak garrenty replacement

1:20 p.m. on November 7, 2011 (EST)
200 reviewer rep
3,917 forum posts

As I pulled into Tucson three weeks ago my 3 litre Camelbak bladder sprung a leak. I had used it for two years. I emailed Camelbak and told them of the leak, they said to mail it back and they would replce it. I recieved two new 3 litre bags back within a week. I emailed them back and told them they had sent me two and they said to keep both. Nice deal,huh? Guess two people got my email and sent off a new bladder each.

Camelbak-3-liter-bag.jpg

I like the new bags with the bite valve turned like pictured above. And now I have two!

1:37 p.m. on November 7, 2011 (EST)
245 reviewer rep
1,469 forum posts

Now that is great service.  I have always used and liked CamelBak over other water reservoirs that I have also used.

1:40 p.m. on November 7, 2011 (EST)
200 reviewer rep
3,917 forum posts

I like the large mouth on the opening, I can get my hand inside to clean it. 

1:47 p.m. on November 7, 2011 (EST)
TOP 25 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
2,264 reviewer rep
1,247 forum posts

nice to hear they stand behind their product.  i have three bags of various sizes and ages.  other than a few bite valve failures, which i attribute to my kids treating them like pieces of chewing gum, and one user error (thought the hose was properly plugged in on one of the new bags with the easily-removable hose - it wasn't), none have leaked yet. 

that 90 degree elbow for the bite valve should have a yellow switch to shut the flow off.  i have them on each camelbak in our house now.  it's a very useful thing - once we're done hiking, we shut them off.  means that if you accidentally squash the valve under your pack in the trunk of your car, your home, your tent, whatever, you won't experience the puddle that i sometimes have. 

5:26 p.m. on November 7, 2011 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
908 forum posts

05-I-like-my-camelbak.jpg

My son REALLY likes his camelbak.  Wore the bite valve out on one trip. My wife had never used one and thought it would make the water taste plastic.  She was pleasantly surprised.

I have 3 3-liters and 2 2-liters.

6:09 p.m. on November 7, 2011 (EST)
200 reviewer rep
3,917 forum posts

I double the use of mine as a pillow (blown up, even with water inside) at night and a fire extinguisher or a water fight gun...

Pinching the valve you can also use it to fill other bottles holding up the bag like an IV or squeezing it to release the water.

Sometimes its hard to fill using my Katadyn water filter, hard to hold up while I fill it.

9:25 p.m. on November 7, 2011 (EST)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
643 reviewer rep
2,137 forum posts

That's great, Gary! I am also quite glad and impressed they stand behind their product so well. 

9:27 p.m. on November 7, 2011 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
908 forum posts

I just pull off the bite valve and connect the tube to the output on my sawyer gravity feed.

3:55 p.m. on November 8, 2011 (EST)
200 reviewer rep
3,917 forum posts

Camelbak sent me a third 3 litre replacement bag!

3:56 a.m. on November 9, 2011 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
908 forum posts

They must have noticed your current address is in the desert and

a) figured you needed more than one or 

b) their lawyer advised that they send several so they wouldn't be sued in case the replacement sprung a leak and you died from thirst.

8:57 a.m. on November 9, 2011 (EST)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
643 reviewer rep
2,137 forum posts

GaryPalmer said:

Sometimes its hard to fill using my Katadyn water filter, hard to hold up while I fill it.

Hey Gary, have you seen the Quick-link adapters for your drinking tube and the fill tube on your filter? It allows you to connect the water filter directly to the drinking hose and fill it up with no leaking, even with the reservoir in your pack. It is SO much easier than trying to hold all of it together and upright, WHILE pumping the filter. 

Attach this one to your filter hose:

Quicklink Filter Adapter (amazon) 

21VEntqzlIL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

And replace the bite valve on you Reservoir drinking hose with this 

Hydrolink kit (amazon)

41XG2BZBkrL._SS500_.jpg

10:36 a.m. on November 9, 2011 (EST)
200 reviewer rep
3,917 forum posts

Wow! Thanks for the info Gonzan...

April 16, 2014
Quick Reply