Anyone know anything about this bag?

It looks like this-

http://flagstaff.craigslist.org/spo/2688995021.html

4:44 p.m. on December 1, 2011 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
1,236 forum posts

One sold on Trailspace for $170 in $2004

http://www.trailspace.com/forums/classifieds/topics/29761.html

Seems to be one of those middle of the Temp bags, just above and just below the temps that people buy bags for. And as a result just did not get sold much and get much and get many, if any reviews. I have on of those bags that was in the middle of the temp range that was much the same, the Marmot Aiguille. Not many of them sold as it was in the weird temp rating. That is the bag I use the most in cold weather. I hold all Marmot products in high regards as they, in my experience, always meet there desired needs and there specs are spot on and in fact usually error on the side of caution meaning your get more for your money. I bet that bag would be good down to lower than the rated -10. Don’t know anything about the materials but I bet there the same as there other bags mad in and around 2004.. That bag is already a great deal, esp. if you can talk him down in price. Bet you could get it for $150 or lower at this time of year. I got my Aiguille for free under Marmots warranty after I hit a deer on my motorcycle and the ensuing crash destroyed the my 15 year old bag amongst a whole host of other gear (I did keep the bike up though). Even though it was not their fault in any way a week after I sent them the bag they sent me a brand new bag, the Aiguille . I'm a customer forever, and that's besides the fact that there products that I have used and seen are still spot on top quality. IMHO

If I had found that an another Trailspace member was not thinking about it and I needed a bag in that temp range I would jump on it myself if it was in good conditon.

10:46 p.m. on December 1, 2011 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
1,075 forum posts

From the 1993/1994 catalog.  Looks like a nice rig.

alba.jpg

10:59 p.m. on December 1, 2011 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
1,075 forum posts

Unfortunately the print came across too small.

regular to 5'10"; 3 lbs 6 ounces, 29 ounces of down;

large to 6'4"' 3 lbs 10 ounces, 31 ounces of down

8.5" loft

650 down

girth 65/52/40 regular; 66/53/40 large

At the time this bag was between the Pocket Gopher and Gopher models but with a nylon, not gore tex, shell.

$405 regular, $425 long

11:03 p.m. on December 1, 2011 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
1,236 forum posts

smokin "hot" bag for a smokin deal

August 21, 2014
Quick Reply