Fitzroy Jacket Feedback Needed

3:54 a.m. on December 18, 2011 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
1 forum posts

Has anyone any feedback on the Fitzroy jacket in terms of their warmth? I know they are very good as far as wind & rain insulation & seem tougher than RAB, which is why I favour trying a Fitzroy, but I have never tried these modern lightweight winter jackets as far as warmth goes.

They have 100g Primaloft One for warmth but I have no idea what that means in –0 tempt’s.

11:10 p.m. on December 18, 2011 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
61 forum posts

Do you mean the down jacket from Patagonia? I have one and there's nothing wrong with it. The hoody version has a loftier down, or at least it did last year. There is something minorly irritating about the waistline drawcord plastic tensioners in that they rub against whatever pants I'm wearing. It would be better without them. Also the material on the shoulders and sleeves has a slightly different texture and weight than the front and back body panels, though it all works.

That brand claims to procure ethically harvested down.

You might also take a look at the Montbell Frost Line parka. Unlike most down jackets, it uses a box construction, so the down lofts better at the seams.

I hope that helps. If not, then say more about its intended use.

11:15 p.m. on December 18, 2011 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
61 forum posts

Sorry for not understanding but I think now you mean another Fitzroy jacket...

August 29, 2014
Quick Reply