Go Fly a Kaitum

2:09 p.m. on December 18, 2011 (EST)
REVIEW CORPS
812 reviewer rep
540 forum posts

Well, since getting the Soulo I was looking at the Keron and the Kaitum for the wife and I.  I went with the Kaitum 3.  It is very roomy for just the two of us.  It is on the bulky side when packed, but, since we split the gear up, I don't mind carrying the entire tent in my pack and we can also use it for a base camp setup as well.  The vestibules make a big difference which adds to the roominess.

DSCF0801.JPG

The cat thought it was hers >:-\
DSCF0802.JPG

4:07 p.m. on December 18, 2011 (EST)
2 reviewer rep
692 forum posts

Nice shelter.

You could have five play poker in there.

4:21 p.m. on December 18, 2011 (EST)
REVIEW CORPS
812 reviewer rep
540 forum posts

I didn't realize how roomy the tunnel designs were.  It really could sleep 3 comfortably and 4 in an emergency.  Now I see why Tipi likes his Keron so much.  Between the Soulo and the Kaitum 3, I won't need any other tents.  

5:33 p.m. on December 18, 2011 (EST)
2 reviewer rep
692 forum posts

I had a Nammatj2 that was stolen.  I loved that tent and the room was superb.  I miss that tent.  Hard to go back to anything but a tunnel after using one.

Enjoy.

5:54 p.m. on December 18, 2011 (EST)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
998 reviewer rep
3,485 forum posts

Cool tent Rob, good for you!

I don't have a Hille but I do appreciate them.

I like the look of the vestibule, I have always liked big vestibules, my current tent has one that is 17 sq. ft.

Mike G.

1:53 p.m. on December 19, 2011 (EST)
REVIEW CORPS
770 reviewer rep
1,275 forum posts

Santa likes you Rob, no scratch that, he loves you. I'm jealous. You now have the same set of tents I've been dreaming of.

Well...I think I would add one of the new 3 season models to my dream list for summer use.

2:02 p.m. on December 19, 2011 (EST)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

I was considering a Saitaris but even I have limits when it comes to how much weight I will haul into the bc. 14lbs+ is just too much tent for me.

I am thinking that the Kaitum 3 GT is going to be my next tent purchase. After that I am done with tents. 

...at least until something new and exciting comes out. :)

11:27 a.m. on December 28, 2011 (EST)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
658 reviewer rep
2,148 forum posts

Major jealousy :)

September 30, 2014
Quick Reply