Christmas

5:21 p.m. on December 25, 2011 (EST)
344 reviewer rep
1,124 forum posts

Four growlers of ale

Three wool mid layers

Two Wigwam socks

And a Complete guide to  Oregon coastal and coastal range trails! :)

5:24 p.m. on December 25, 2011 (EST)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

Lol, Merry Christmas Mike. 

6:08 p.m. on December 25, 2011 (EST)
344 reviewer rep
1,124 forum posts

Merry Christmas to all! :) I think those ales are hitting me. LOL

6:13 p.m. on December 25, 2011 (EST)
53 reviewer rep
135 forum posts

Merry crhistmas to you all. Have fun

9:39 p.m. on December 25, 2011 (EST)
REVIEW CORPS
827 reviewer rep
589 forum posts

I got wetfire tinder as a stocking stuffer!

9:44 p.m. on December 25, 2011 (EST)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

I got Chia Cat Grass....

9:53 p.m. on December 25, 2011 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
913 forum posts

Merry Christmas from the warm south. Shorts and a short sleeve shirt.

9:58 p.m. on December 25, 2011 (EST)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

ocalacomputerguy said:

Shorts and a short sleeve shirt.

Uggghhhhh.....

11:49 p.m. on December 25, 2011 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
913 forum posts

Rick,

While you are hiking in dangerous (if unprepared) cold, worry about layering, spindrift and where-the-****-did-the-trail-go-after-the-snow-storm. I will hike at a comfortable 40-60 degrees, use my 3-season tent (you know fall, winter and spring? I mean you only really need a 4 season tent during a hurricane) and cook with my unfinicky, clean smelling canister stove.

Woo Hoo and Merry Christmas!

12:15 a.m. on December 26, 2011 (EST)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

Rick,

While you are hiking in dangerous (if unprepared) cold, worry about layering, spindrift and where-the-****-did-the-trail-go-after-the-snow-storm. I will hike at a comfortable 40-60 degrees, use my 3-season tent (you know fall, winter and spring? I mean you only really need a 4 season tent during a hurricane) and cook with my unfinicky, clean smelling canister stove.

Woo Hoo and Merry Christmas!

Lol. Yeah, I suppose its a lil chilly here. Personally I am bummed. I like snow and other than the sky spitting snow a little here and there we have none.

Never the less we have had a few nights where the temps hit 0 on the trail I frequent so for that I am happy. Yes I am weird and I like very cold temps. :)

So with that I am heading out in about 2 weeks for a week on the trail.

I am also going to be present for the ribbon cutting ceremony for the new trail bridge that was installed that spans the Pa Turnpike.

Its a pretty big deal here as far as hikers and backpackers are concerned. The lack of the bridge added 8.3 miles to the 70 mile trek and the detour was mostly road walking.

11:15 a.m. on December 26, 2011 (EST)
TOP 25 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
2,702 reviewer rep
1,338 forum posts

no gear, but i hiked both mornings this weekend.  sunny both days.  unseasonably warm on saturday, 50 degrees, trails wet from rain overnight.  low 40's yesterday.  did easy trails so i could take the dog.  saw some wild turkeys, lots of geese heading south, a few woodpeckers, and a raven.   

the economy must be improving, because the large breach in the C&O Canal nearby caused by hurricane/tropical storm Hanna in fall '08 is finally going to be repaired.  http://www.canaltrust.org/trust/index.php?page=towpath-repairs-near-angler-s-inn

December 21, 2014
Quick Reply