my favorite treksta trail shoes 45 percent off...but....

2:50 p.m. on January 20, 2012 (EST)
TOP 25 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
2,424 reviewer rep
1,283 forum posts

i reviewed a pair of treksta evolution trail runners last July, that is posted to trailspace.  low trail runners, not gore tex, fit my feet like a glove.  the soles have worn quite a bit, and the EVA midsole is getting crushed, my feet have been feeling it.  the first pair was inexpensive because it was a return with a damaged box, found them on geartrade.

this time, looking for a replacement, the website for a brick & mortar store, Redding Sports in California, is selling the updated model, the evolution II, at 45% off - and they ship free by USPS.  i like supporting real stores, even if they aren't in my neck of the woods (all we have locally is chain stores anyway, at this point).  nice selection of gear and clothing on the site.

but, i don't like websites that are not updated.  i ordered the shoe, then received an email a few minutes later saying my size was not, in fact, in stock.

back to the drawing board. 

4:29 p.m. on January 20, 2012 (EST)
TOP 25 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
2,424 reviewer rep
1,283 forum posts

35% off on that small 'round the corner store, Amazon.  so much for loyalty to the little guy.  if any local store even sold these shoes, that would be great. 

July 31, 2014
Quick Reply