About | Blog | Forums | People | Free Newsletter
Trailspace is a product review site for outdoor enthusiasts. Use it to find and share great gear.

rab latok alpine vs OR Furio

9:23 a.m. on January 22, 2012 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
2 forum posts

I need a new hardshell for backpacking (about 25 lb pack) and some bushwacking.  I saw both of these for a good price so bought them both.  I already recieved the Rab and actually like it a lot  (especially the hood).  The Rab seems like a good jacket but I am concerned about the durability.  From the reviews online, it seems that the jacket may not be durable.  also, I read that eVent works great initially but is prone to leaking and delamination in the future.  Does anyone here have the latok alpine?  Can they vouch for the durability of the jacket?

What about the OR furio.  I am waiting for this jacket to come in the mail.  I like the idea of the giant pit zips but am worried about them malfunctioning.  Anyone have any experience with this jacket?  Thanks

10:37 p.m. on January 23, 2012 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
2 forum posts

Anybody have any experience with either of these jackets?  especially in regards to durability

11:23 p.m. on January 23, 2012 (EST)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
658 reviewer rep
2,137 forum posts

I do not have experience with either jacket. 

1:52 a.m. on January 24, 2012 (EST)
TOP 25 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
2,264 reviewer rep
1,254 forum posts

i have the rab latok, not the latok alpine.  it is relatively new, a little early to judge durability for the brand.  but, it is a very solid, well made jacket.  regarding eVent, i have had another jacket for a while that has held up great - no seam tape problems, no delamination. 

not familiar with the furio.  i have generally had good experience with other outdoor research products. 

April 24, 2014
Quick Reply