Four Dogs Snow Peak 600 Lid

11:24 a.m. on March 11, 2012 (EDT)
73 reviewer rep
301 forum posts

Hey TS Folks!

I have a double-walled SP600 that I dearly love.  It's my tea mug EVERYWHERE.  And, I have decided it is time to get a lid for it.  The only supplier of lids I can see is Four Dog Stoves:

http://fourdog.com/

Two issues:

1) I think, but cannot confirm, that a single-wall lid will fit a double-wall mug.  Anybody have a clue on this?

2) In trying to confirm this, I emailed the owner of FDS, but have not heard back from him (week and a half).  Does anyone know if he's still operating?

Thanks in advance if you have any pieces to this puzzle.  He does list a phone number on his website, but I hate calling people out of the blue (odd quirk of mine, really odd). 

3:33 p.m. on March 11, 2012 (EDT)
245 reviewer rep
1,469 forum posts

ther is a phone number

3:51 p.m. on March 11, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,236 forum posts

I have found that the phone is the quickest way to take care of all problems or questions and then follow up by a email.  It is not "calling someone out of the blue" (where did that saying come from) if they have a business.  It is their job to have a phone and answer any and all questions regarding the products that their trying to get you to spend your money on.  If they don't have the answer then it's ther job to gt back too you with the answer.   I always start out with the phone as it can take weeks of miscomunication and back and forth when it can quite often be taken care of in an instant on the phone with a single conversation.  A quick conversation also gives me a flavor of the company and if I really want to be dealing with them or not.  Emails are just to impersonal and I only start with Emailes if I cannot call for any reason.

5:10 p.m. on March 11, 2012 (EDT)
73 reviewer rep
301 forum posts

I noted in my post that there was a phone number... :)  Thanks for the opinions on my preferred means of communication. Enlightening to say the least!  :D

Anybody have any experience with the Four Dog lids and care to weigh in on my questions?

6:33 p.m. on March 11, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,075 forum posts

I don't know anything about the lids but the company is alive and well as of late October.  Small operation, possibly on a trip.

7:16 p.m. on March 11, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,236 forum posts

Here are some youtube videos for Snow Peak Lids! I do not know if they have anything regarding the 600SP itself as I cannot do youtub since I'm on dial-up.

I believe there are other youtube videos regarding lid's for Snow Peak products.

Hope this helps.

Snow Peak 600 Lid Now Available :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YatMRVmh1Gw

Snow Peak Trek 700 and 900 Lids are Here!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SklvU-ypwxw&feature=related

7:58 p.m. on March 11, 2012 (EDT)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
983 reviewer rep
3,475 forum posts

Cleric,

You can get good aluminum lids for Snow Peak 600 - 700 - & 900 pots directly from Minibulldesign.com. They are limited runs and are sometimes out of stock. 10.00 dollars I believe.

He also makes and sells a lot of other cool items for backpacker cooking.

Mike G.

12:31 a.m. on March 12, 2012 (EDT)
73 reviewer rep
301 forum posts

Thanks for the additional information everyone! The videos were helpful as they reinforced that the mugs likely share the same "lip" shape.  The single wall is just rolled out to form the lip, while the double wall's second wall begins where that lip would end.  That would be the only way for SP to maintain the same internal volume as well.

Mike - thanks for link to minibulldesign.  I had not seen his stuff yet.  And, since I am probably going to modify a plain lid to suit my tastes, aluminum will probably be easier for me to work than TI. 

August 21, 2014
Quick Reply