About | Blog | Forums | People | Free Newsletter
Trailspace is a product review site for outdoor enthusiasts. Use it to find and share great gear.

Hilleberg Anjan 2

10:02 p.m. on March 19, 2012 (EDT)
2 reviewer rep
690 forum posts

I received my Hilleberg catalogue the other day and after drooling over every page, I settled on the designs of the Anjan 2 and 3.  I think the price is a bit out of whack for a 3 season shelter, they look great.

Except...they are missing something.  Fly vents.  Grrrrrrr......

10:09 p.m. on March 19, 2012 (EDT)
RETAILER
8 reviewer rep
210 forum posts

Petra told me that it is a 3+ season shelter for Sweden.  So with that in mind, I take it to mean that they are more robust than the average shelter marketed as three season.

I have ordered a couple of the Anjan 2's, which should arrive in May, so we'll see....I am curious as well.

10:14 p.m. on March 19, 2012 (EDT)
2 reviewer rep
690 forum posts

Thanks Charlie - I like the design more and more but I think the condensation resistance would be amazing with a vent on the front door like Nallo.

2 months to go....

12:07 a.m. on March 20, 2012 (EDT)
245 reviewer rep
1,469 forum posts

Customize it ??????????

9:11 a.m. on March 20, 2012 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
397 reviewer rep
964 forum posts

Family guy - check out our recent article on the 3-Seaon Hillebergs:http://www.trailspace.com/blog/2011/08/06/hilleberg-3-season-tents.html

9:49 a.m. on March 20, 2012 (EDT)
RETAILER
8 reviewer rep
210 forum posts

I just noticed something...

Rick's price quotes shown back in August are comparing the 2011 prices of all of the models against the new 3 season tents which have 2012 pricing.  The 2012 pricing for the Allak is now $835, for example, but we did not know that back in August.

@Family Guy - Very good question.  Not sure why Hilleberg felt that they did not need to vent the front.  Maybe due to the space between the outer and the ground. They typically field test their models for two years prior to releasing them into production, so they may have felt it was not necessary.  

I am impressed with the ability to open up the tent in fair weather, both front and back.

DISCLOSURE - I am an authorized Hilleberg retailer.

April 25, 2014
Quick Reply