Klimit vests at Costco

1:52 p.m. on April 20, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
105 forum posts

http://www.klymit.com/index.php/products/kinetic-vests.html

What's the deal on these? They're selling them at Costco now.

1:57 p.m. on April 20, 2012 (EDT)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

I saw these on the Clymb I think or maybe it was Left Lane Sports for cheap. 

Hmmm. I take it there is a fair price cut at Costco?

2:13 p.m. on April 20, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
105 forum posts

$119

If they're at Cosco they must not be selling very well.

2:16 p.m. on April 20, 2012 (EDT)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

For what they want at msrp I wouldn't personally purchase one at list price. Too many other things I could spend that type of coin on. 

2:38 p.m. on April 20, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
105 forum posts

They had a rep there trying to sell me one. I tried it on and he pumped it up and It felt like a snug wetsuit. When deflated the material is so rubbery it wouldn't breath. That killed it for me. Told him I had to do my three day rule and I left.

3:12 p.m. on April 20, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,238 forum posts

So what's the deal with these. I went to there web site and they described the materials they used but not the use of the product. It seems to me that if it holds any kind of gas in a bladder of any sort that it would not breath in any what which would seem to me to make it useless if one is exercising. It seems like it may have some merit as a emergency or rescue device as it may act as a good insulator when some one is lost and needs to stay put or is in shock. Regardless, There $225-$190 on EBay and $119 at Costco new so they will soon be really cheap. I can't really figure out what there for and I would be hard pressed to spend any money on a product that does not seen to explain itself. Here is a line from their Technology page "Waterproof Breathable Seco-vent gives waterproof comfort, protection from the elements with no sacrifice." With no sacrifice to who, the money is not coming out of their pockets.

4:28 p.m. on April 20, 2012 (EDT)
87 reviewer rep
1,067 forum posts

apeman said:

So what's the deal with these. I went to there web site and they described the materials they used but not the use of the product. It seems to me that if it holds any kind of gas in a bladder of any sort that it would not breath in any what which would seem to me to make it useless if one is exercising. It seems like it may have some merit as a emergency or rescue device as it may act as a good insulator when some one is lost and needs to stay put or is in shock. Regardless, There $225-$190 on EBay and $119 at Costco new so they will soon be really cheap. I can't really figure out what there for and I would be hard pressed to spend any money on a product that does not seen to explain itself. Here is a line from their Technology page "Waterproof Breathable Seco-vent gives waterproof comfort, protection from the elements with no sacrifice." With no sacrifice to who, the money is not coming out of their pockets.

I was trying to figure what use these vests were also.  The company doesn't do much to describe what conditions and activities these are made for. To confuseing to the consumer, that could be one reason their not selling.

5:26 p.m. on April 20, 2012 (EDT)
2 reviewer rep
692 forum posts

No interest in their product.  Their pad looked interesting but then I realized that as a quilt user no doubt I would be chilly.

6:27 p.m. on April 20, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
105 forum posts

Next

6:28 p.m. on April 20, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
105 forum posts

Yeah they had pads there too... They were full of holes. BTW, I asked the rep what would happen to the vest with even a pin hole. He said the warranty dept. would look at it. It will not hold any air or argon gas if punctured. Ya think?

12:23 p.m. on April 21, 2012 (EDT)
245 reviewer rep
1,469 forum posts

costco deals, once, twice, gone

October 24, 2014
Quick Reply