SPECIAL ops backpack

10:28 a.m. on April 26, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
8 forum posts

Gidday

I need a backpack that it tall and slim. It has to fit my 34,5" tripods....not much more gear.....maybe some gloves, an extra lense and film rolls (yes I sometimes use those too).

I do long walks with my gear, I have my camera in a fannypack for quick access. Just need a light backpack to protect my tripods from the rain and avoid it getting caught in branches...and that sits nicely on my shouders.

Any ideas? Thanks

3:47 p.m. on April 26, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
387 forum posts

maybe something like this?

http://www.coldcoldworldpacks.com/ozone.htm

7:40 p.m. on April 26, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
8 forum posts

Maybe something like the nationalgeographic tundra-tripod-backpack....just taller

10:41 p.m. on April 26, 2012 (EDT)
102 reviewer rep
2,280 forum posts

I have always just lashed my tripod onto the outside of my pack.  Water will not damage or affect its performance.  Mount it heads up and it shouldn't snag on brush anymore than the sack it is tied to.  Just get a bag that has compression straps running across the back of the bag.

Ed

4:40 a.m. on April 27, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
8 forum posts

True....still rain, snow, frost dont do too well with it.

7:17 a.m. on April 27, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
910 forum posts

Get a sack that is the size and shape you want.  Get a back pack with comfortable straps and have them sewn onto the sack.   If the sack is not wide enough you may have to make a frame to attach the straps and sack to.

August 2, 2014
Quick Reply