MSR Alpine Folding Utensils

12:08 p.m. on April 27, 2012 (EDT)
65 reviewer rep
3 forum posts

Hi guys, I'm new to this forum and found this site really very helpful. 

I came across this cool looking kitchen gear. The MSR Alipine Folding Utensils and Im just wondering if some of you here have actually use it. Im interested to get one but Im a bit concern of it durability and how it can tolerate the heat. Will it not melt if I use it on cooking eggs and bacon?

Alpine_Utensil_Set.jpg

3:49 p.m. on April 28, 2012 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
1,397 reviewer rep
442 forum posts

Hi Elmer. I believe these are made of a polymer that can handle up to 400 degrees, but I can't find the specs anywhere. I would email MSR directly and ask. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

3:56 p.m. on April 28, 2012 (EDT)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

I have MSR's folding spork:

http://www.trailspace.com/gear/msr/folding-spork/

...and it has held up well.

For your use as stated above I believe they should do fine but I personally wouldn't let any of them hang out in you pot or pan for any extended time period while your burner is on blast.

3:57 p.m. on April 28, 2012 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
1,397 reviewer rep
442 forum posts

I might suggest that you consider the Guyot designs utensils or Microbites. Look them up on this site. Fantastic products. Mar has a lifetime warranty on their utensils as well. Good luck

12:23 p.m. on April 29, 2012 (EDT)
65 reviewer rep
3 forum posts

hi xterrobrando, thanks for the reply. i noticed in the site that they didnt place any spec or matl info.

hi rick-pittsburgh, that gave me some confidence to seriously consider this utensil. surely, i will use it with care.

thanks!

12:43 p.m. on April 29, 2012 (EDT)
245 reviewer rep
1,469 forum posts

don't leave them sitting in pot or pan

October 23, 2014
Quick Reply