Slippery sleeping pad

4:00 p.m. on June 13, 2012 (EDT)
15 reviewer rep
33 forum posts

I'll be getting a sleeping pad shortly for my first-ever-overnighter and have been looking at the neo air. However, many of the reviews mention the slippery-ness of it. If I try this trick I found online...Will it mess up my pad?

boldHOW CAN I STOP SLIDING OFF MY SLEEPING PAD?

Q.} I love my sleeping bag/pad combo, except for one thing. I can't stop sliding off the pad! Is there anything that I can do to my pad to cut down on the sliding Submitted by: Lance, Dallas, TX A.} Yes! Here’s a cheap, easy fix--the very best kind!

Buy a tube of SeamGrip for about $7 (mcnett.com, wash the surface of your pad with soap and water, and let it dry thoroughly. Then just create a pattern of little dots along the surface of the pad. Focus on the torso and hip area, where most of your body weight resides. Let it cure for 24 hours or so and you’ve got a non-slip sleeping pad!

You can customize the stickiness by adding more dots later on, and if you find that the pad slips on the floor of your tent, you can even add a few dots to the bottom surface for better grip there. bold Well??

4:01 p.m. on June 13, 2012 (EDT)
15 reviewer rep
33 forum posts

Argh...and still figuring out the HTML. :-)

5:12 p.m. on June 13, 2012 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
4,073 forum posts

Or use a tie strap to hold your bag onto the pad? My sleeping bag (the REI Solarpod) has loops on the edges of the bag to strap it onto a pad. I sleep on a Ensolite pad tho and dont use anything.

July 26, 2014
Quick Reply