VIDEO: Fly Fishing Loadout

10:03 p.m. on August 2, 2012 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
1,601 reviewer rep
76 forum posts

Someone wanted to know what I take in my chest pack.  Here you go...

5:04 p.m. on August 5, 2012 (EDT)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
998 reviewer rep
3,556 forum posts

A very good kit Arson!

Not too much and all the things you probably need. I think redundancy is a great way to keep your bases covered ( extra knife, extra light, etc.)

Lately I have been catching Bluegill myself, and I usually fish a couple hours starting at daybreak and another couple hours up until dark - returning to camp during the day for other activities.

My current fishing kit is very similar also. I used to carry a whole tackle box full of stuff and a fishing vest loaded with a lot more, over the years I have eliminated 70% of the stuff I used to carry and I can catch just as many fish in a more efficient manner while still having all the essentials needed in an emergency.

Excellent video! I like your system, and I like your chest pack!

I like foam spiders too.

Mike G.

8:32 a.m. on August 6, 2012 (EDT)
102 reviewer rep
2,295 forum posts

You are wise to consider dexterity issues in preparation for a possible hypothermic episode.  I couldn’t muster the strength/dexterity to open a tent zipper one time, after a prolonged exposure to near freezing rain.  Fortunately it dawned on me to use my teeth.  Just a tip to consider should you lose you lose use of the fingers.

Ed

December 21, 2014
Quick Reply