black diamond stands behind its gear

2:42 p.m. on August 8, 2012 (EDT)
TOP 25 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
2,424 reviewer rep
1,283 forum posts

i like to compliment outdoor gear manufacturers who take their dedication to making excellent gear seriously and stand behind their gear.

the plastic ends of my black diamond trekking poles are mashed.  too many times getting stuck between rocks and wrenched, basically.  the last couple of months, the carbide tips have been getting pulled out when the tip gets stuck.  a pain in the neck. 

i called black diamond customer service about purchasing a new pair of plastic ends.  i was not calling to make a warranty claim b/c i consider this normal wear and tear; i just wanted to make sure the tips on the website would fit my poles.  they explained that replacing them would be a chore - the plastic end is pressure-fit and epoxied to the lower pole section.  i would have to soak the ends in boiling water and wrestle them with a couple pair of pliers to remove. 

instead, black diamond is sending me new lower sections (obviously with new plastic ends and carbide tips) - for the price of ground shipping only. 

Bravo.  i'm a fan. 

2:51 p.m. on August 8, 2012 (EDT)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

As I posted on the other thread I started kudos to BD for hooking you up. I become very happy when I see companies treating their customers right. 

July 30, 2014
Quick Reply