Best Deals...?

6:53 p.m. on September 25, 2012 (EDT)
TOP 25 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
1,348 reviewer rep
631 forum posts

On a recent trip to NH I snagged up one the best deal I've ever gotten.....

image.jpg

Yeah thats right, thats $10 for a pair of brand new primaloft Wild Things pants, normal retail price $300. Caveat? They are extra large and extra long. Nothing a sewing machine won't fix.

Thats roughly 97 percent off and a $290 savings!

What say you Trailspace? Share with us your joys of savings...

2:00 a.m. on September 26, 2012 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
827 reviewer rep
590 forum posts

Holy cat cr@p! That is a good deal!

7:49 a.m. on September 26, 2012 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
1,861 reviewer rep
1,325 forum posts

Yeah that is a heck of a good find, I would of snagged it up too.

Mu best find was a marmot alpine lite down jacket at a thrift store for $5

9:49 a.m. on September 26, 2012 (EDT)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
658 reviewer rep
2,149 forum posts

Holy mother of the backcountry, that's one of the sickest snags I've ever seen. Congrats! 

10:22 a.m. on September 26, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
606 forum posts

I live in nh. Where did u find those?

6:00 p.m. on September 26, 2012 (EDT)
1,348 reviewer rep
631 forum posts

Hotdog- I got them in the wild things store in Noth Conway a couple of weeks ago. They were in a box by the fitting rooms, where they keep the sale stuff. There were a couple of pairs in there, all the same size, but at that price I'd be surprised if they were left!

9:56 p.m. on September 26, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
606 forum posts

When I saw your tr, I thought thats where you were gonna say. Im way south of there, but thats a great price.

10:18 p.m. on September 26, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1 forum posts

The best deal I ever got was at Travel Country in Altamonte Springs FL where I bought a Gregory Whitney 95 pack for $100.  The original price on the tag was $358 (if I remember correctly).

I needed a new pack since my 1995 EMS 5500 was soon to be totally worn out.  The Gregory is bigger (much) than I really wanted/needed but for $100.  

4:30 p.m. on September 27, 2012 (EDT)
12 reviewer rep
843 forum posts

best deal I ever got was on a msr fuel bottle for five bucks because it had a dent in it. still have it...use it all the time.

10:15 a.m. on September 28, 2012 (EDT)
33 reviewer rep
80 forum posts

I have a couple of really good deals that i have gotten. (which is good, cause I am poor and can only buy something if it is a really good deal) I got my deuter actlite 40+10 bag for $40. I also recently got a mountain hardwear jacket ( i think synchro) for $6 at goodwill.

8:47 p.m. on September 28, 2012 (EDT)
1,348 reviewer rep
631 forum posts

Hotdog- Where are you in NH? I have to drive all the way from Toronto for savings like that! Your drive has got to be less than that! Okay so I didn't just drive for the sale, but I'm really in love with NH. I'm fighting a losing battle to get my wife to consider moving there.

10:16 p.m. on September 28, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
606 forum posts

Im a couple of hrs south of that store. In the sw corner of nh. A little town called keene.

1:04 p.m. on October 2, 2012 (EDT)
1,377 reviewer rep
1,339 forum posts

Got a new $250 Outdoor Research jacket for $105 because it was last year's colours. Just have to watch the online outdoor discount stores for whatever's being sold off.

7:35 p.m. on October 9, 2012 (EDT)
2,702 reviewer rep
1,338 forum posts

monadnock territory.  i was born in manchester and lived in portsmouth for a while in the 90s.

it's worth the drive to North Conway.  in addition to sales at wild things (i picked up an eVent hard shell off their sale rack for 60% off), International Mountaineering Equipment (IME) often has excellent used gear at a great price, and Limmer Boots is right there too.   

though it is a minor steal compared to Jake, 

not that it's such an great deal compared to Jake's absurd steal, but i just purchased a feathered friends down vest (hyperion, 850 fill, around 7 ounces) discounted from $189 to $79, in a discontinued color of schoeller's nano shell fabric.  last one on the sale rack.    

9:56 p.m. on October 9, 2012 (EDT)
1,348 reviewer rep
631 forum posts

Gotta agree with you belly. My love of north Conway is well documented!

I didn't post it because it failed in comparison but I got a pair of rab event salopettes from IME for $100. They look brand new.

11:49 a.m. on October 10, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
606 forum posts

Leadbelly, you hit it right on the head. If I go a half mile down my road I can see mt mndk. Thats my home mtn I guess, I climb it about once a week. I found the pumpelly cave this summer, after two yrs of hunting for it. I dont get up north as often as I like, but im slowly exploring the whites and presidentials. I dont have to go that far for deals, my wife works at the local salvation army. I get steals on used gear all the time, mostly clothes.

December 22, 2014
Quick Reply