Crispi Hiking boots (Nickname: Birdblue)

9:34 a.m. on October 18, 2013 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
2 forum posts

Hi everyone, I am a new member just signed in to this site.  Was following some interesting facts and reviews from Birdblue about his bad experience with the Crispi boots. How did things go, did you have it changed? I bought a pair of Crispi boots myself about 2 years ago, when I was travelling in Scandinavia. I suffer from an ankle injury and was looking after some Hiking boots, which supports your ankle, that's why I bought Crispi, as they have this ABS System. These were my very first hiking boots so I don't know how better/worse other brands might be. I found them durable, comfy, sturdy and only a few times I sprained my ankle whilst having them on. Last week I went out trekking with some friends, and the sole of my right boot literally came off half way through the boot.  The sole was flapping whilst walking.  I never expected this to happen as I really loved these boots!  My mum told me that I used them a lot so they were bound to break some time or another.  Well I love adidas 'sportswear' myself and they broke after 5 years or so!  But from a 350 $ boot I expected more miles on it. I need to buy a new pair now, as perhaps complaining to the company, after reading all the comments of 2012, wont get me anywhere.  Sorry for being long, but I really would like to know which brand you guys did find the best for backpacking, long treks and most of all, with best ankle support!  Your help is greatly appreciate.
Many thanks for reading :)

8:54 a.m. on October 19, 2013 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
827 reviewer rep
589 forum posts

Zamberlan 760 Steeps have been good to me.

3:22 p.m. on October 23, 2013 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
2 forum posts

Thanks rob for your suggestion, I checked the zamberlan and they seem to be indeed good boots

December 20, 2014
Quick Reply