fishing

10:33 p.m. on January 2, 2014 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
46 forum posts

Looking for suggestions on very lightweight fishing equipment.  I honestly don't know anything about fishing but my boyfriend does, and we hike together.  Thanks so much. Donna

7:40 a.m. on January 3, 2014 (EST)
REVIEW CORPS
1,699 reviewer rep
1,307 forum posts

What kibd of fishing do you do, and where? Rivets streams, lakes,ponds? Wide open, overgrown with trees over head etc

If you can tell us where and what type and describe your typical situation we can give you some great feedback.

9:17 a.m. on January 3, 2014 (EST)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
1,366 reviewer rep
393 forum posts

Another good question is his attitude towards his gear. I use a very functional set up that any serious fisherman would scoff at, but I'm hungry, not serious so it works fine for me.

Daiwa minispin/minicast

I have the minispin, but I made my own case to carry the rod as the one it came with is heavy plastic and clunky.  The rod and reel fit in my pack's side pocket along with my tent poles and my wine 8)

It takes some getting used to the action which is definitely not like a normal rod but I can catch fish with it which are tasty so it works for me. If I can ever figure out a category to put it in I'm going to post a full review some day.

10:55 a.m. on January 3, 2014 (EST)
REVIEW CORPS
755 reviewer rep
1,241 forum posts

I'm not a real fisherman but I have the same setup as Lonestranger and have gotten a lot of good use out of it.

12:49 p.m. on January 4, 2014 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
46 forum posts

Fly fishing, wherever there is water.  Typically mountain lakes and streams. THANKS!  --Donna

6:43 p.m. on January 4, 2014 (EST)
REVIEW CORPS
1,699 reviewer rep
1,307 forum posts

For fly fishing mountain lakes and streams i am a huge fan of Tenkara. If doing more ponds and lakes I take my Emmrod most times.

August 20, 2014
Quick Reply