Holy Alpine Discount Batman

9:09 p.m. on April 23, 2014 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
973 reviewer rep
598 forum posts

Wild things gear has a massive 60% off sale going on right now! I just got a boat load of stuff from the people who practically define the term bomber gear at a ridonkulous price. Some awkward sizes but get em while they're there.

My fear is that they are going out of business. With the brick and mortar store closing last year, and then this, it sure looks like things are closing up. All the more reason to get some stuff now!

10:56 p.m. on April 23, 2014 (EDT)
TOP 25 REVIEWER
545 reviewer rep
103 forum posts

So tempting. Thanks for sharing.

8:00 a.m. on April 24, 2014 (EDT)
MODERATOR TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
5,369 reviewer rep
742 forum posts

Is this the site? http://www.wildthingsgear.com/

Looks like it's just spring clearance.

8:26 a.m. on April 24, 2014 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
973 reviewer rep
598 forum posts

Yeah, they can say its just a spring clearance but the fact is that they closed, what was a local institution, when they shut down their store in North Conway last year. The product line is smaller and stock has been very sporadic over the past year. All these things arent great signs to me.

8:19 a.m. on April 26, 2014 (EDT)
MODERATOR TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
5,369 reviewer rep
742 forum posts

I see your point. I also noted none of the sale items were in common sizes. I don't know many outdoorsmen wearing XXXL.

12:03 p.m. on April 26, 2014 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
1,195 reviewer rep
1,063 forum posts

Well, if that's the case, at least they got a few more years in...I thought the same thing, Jake, back in 2011...

1:26 p.m. on April 28, 2014 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
973 reviewer rep
598 forum posts

I hear ya Vince.

I used this sale to snatch up many of their products ive wanted for a while. Hard to beat the alpinist shell for 160!!!!

5:50 p.m. on April 28, 2014 (EDT)
TOP 25 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
2,424 reviewer rep
1,282 forum posts

i think they have shifted emphasis to supplying the military and law enforcement and to the made-to-order option.  interesting that they are selling so much of the consumer stock out - but it wouldn't be the first time.  i have one of their eVent shells from a similar sale, ended up paying 40% of retail, and that was a number of years ago.  their eVent 'alpinist' pants are still my favorite non-bib option. 

thanks for the heads up, though.  i have been looking to replace a 20 year old pair of wind pants.  35 bucks for this level of quality is well worth the price of shipping. 

8:57 p.m. on April 28, 2014 (EDT)
TOP 25 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
2,424 reviewer rep
1,282 forum posts

ps - their Facebook page makes clear that they are just trying to sell out last years' winter stock.  they aren't going anywhere.  

July 23, 2014
Quick Reply