Headed to South America - Have Ticket, Need Pack

5:27 a.m. on October 19, 2006 (EDT)

Greetings, I am seeking some opinion as to a few packs that I have narrowed my search to.

They are mostly on the small side of mid-range (2100 to 2800 ci) as I want to go fairly light. I have had a gregory for a while now, but its a nit to bright and worn and is about 3500ci, so I'm back on the market. I appreciate the help here as there are four billion bags out there, and while almost all of them fall away pretty quickly, that still leaves a hundred or two.

So, the bags (in no particular order):
1. GoLite: 'Infinity'

2. Marmot: 'T2500'

3. Osprey: 'Atmos 35'

4. Aarn: 'Liquid Agility'

5. Kifaru: 'Zulu'

My least favorite is the Marmot, and most would be the Kifaru (though I know nothing about these guys - ??).

So, whachya think?

2:49 p.m. on November 30, 2006 (EST)
(Guest)

The kifaru zulu is a great pack. The unpadded waist belt is the most comfortable that I've ever used. I've hiked the cascades for a lot of years and replaced my arcteryx bora 65 with the zulu. I can easily get three days worth of tent, fuel food and what nots in. The construction is top notch and the company is fantastic to work with. They will even custom build you a pack as long as it doesnt deviate from the main pattern. My only recomendation would be, if you are going south of the border would be to ditch the molle grids in favor of what is on the kifaru express. Coyote tan is a good choice. I look at it this way. It would scream military, less and possibly less hassle.

July 29, 2014
Quick Reply