Opsrey Atmos 65

9:32 a.m. on March 28, 2007 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
10 forum posts

I was thinking of buying a lightweight pack of around 4000 cubic inches. What do you think of the new Atmos 65? Any other choices?

10:59 a.m. on March 28, 2007 (EDT)
3 reviewer rep
5 forum posts

For general load carrying you can't fault an osprey bag but I am not too sure about the need for the Atmos 65. I own the 35 litre version and that is brilliant. It is lightweight and very comfortable but the main bonuses of the Atmos range are the back panel, the nice waist straps and the low weight. These bonuses are not as apparent in the 65 version. If I were you get a smaller 60 litre Aether pack or they do a 70 litre one as well. If that doesn't work out try looking at the Acrteryx Bora range or if you plenty of cash have a look at the NAOS crux packs from Arcteryx. Hope this helps.

Tom

4:59 p.m. on April 20, 2007 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1 forum posts

I have a really like the Atmos 50, but if I had one complaint, it's the when you start getting north of 30 lbs in the pack. The pack just doesn't seem to carry well at that point. (Admittedly, I'm not the most lightweight of backpackers though.)

If the suspension system is the same of my old 50, I'd have concerns regarding how helpful the extra capacity might be based on the load-stability.

Other than that, I love mine as a technical day-pack or quick overnighters.

December 18, 2014
Quick Reply