MSR Hyperflow Microfilter Feedback

4:14 p.m. on August 6, 2008 (EDT)
6 reviewer rep
10 forum posts

I picked one of these up for my first filtration system and have to say I am not that thrilled with it. I am going to have to add something to weight down the pickup and it is not the easiest thing to work. I do like the compactness of it.
the shop that sold it to me said they were all the rave with the new technology etc.
I am just wondering if any others feel the same way?

thanks....

9:24 p.m. on August 6, 2008 (EDT)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
2,430 reviewer rep
5,313 forum posts

Take a look at the Trailspace article about the hyperflow revisited - http://www.trailspace.com/blog/2008/08/04/msr-hyperflow-revisited.html

3:41 a.m. on August 7, 2008 (EDT)
21 reviewer rep
62 forum posts

The Hyperflow has some nice features....but nothing that makes want to run out and get one. I've been using my MSR Sweetwater since 2000, and it's been a great filter. If something happened to it, I think I would probably buy another one. I know of at least one person that bought one....sold it, and then went back to his Sweetwater.

The size and weight difference is less than 4oz. The Hyperflow is a nice item...but I wonder if the operative part of the 'hyperflow' name is 'hype'!

October 23, 2014
Quick Reply