Primus EtaPower 1L Pot

12:43 p.m. on January 8, 2009 (EST)
REVIEW CORPS
1,195 reviewer rep
1,064 forum posts

Just a question...are the pot supports of my stove supposed to rest inside the fan ring, on the bottom of the actual pot, or on the ring itself?

2:14 p.m. on January 8, 2009 (EST)
REVIEW CORPS
1,195 reviewer rep
1,064 forum posts

Well, I just saw that the same pot is used with the EtaExpress, and with that system the stove's pot supports rest on the ring, not inside it. However, I'm using the pot with a Vargo Jet-Ti stove, and the supports for this stove fit much better inside the ring, sort of tucking the stove burner much closer to the pot. I can rest the ring on the supports, but the precision required to do so, when coupled with a full pot of water, makes using the pot this way difficult and dangerous.

So, will the stove work better tucked up inside the ring, or should I look for another pot/stove?

6:30 p.m. on January 9, 2009 (EST)
REVIEW CORPS
1,195 reviewer rep
1,064 forum posts

I suppose the same question could be applied to the Jetboil pots as well, so anyone with one of those models would be welcome to chime in too. Do the stoves with the Jetboil models go inside the ring, or rest on it?

August 20, 2014
Quick Reply