1,107 forum posts
I found this on another forum without many backpackers. I linked Mat over here for better responses.
My name is Matt and I am a Purdue Undergrad that is a part of a team we titled Awe Inspired Engineering. Our purpose is to research and develop a new piece of camping equipment and we are reaching out for help in our research division. My goal is to ask what true campers need, don't need, and of coarse want.
All help is appreciated so if you can find the time to reply to this thread it would be very useful to my team and I. Some question I have for you are as follows
1. Do you generally hike to a camp site?
2. If you do hike to a camp site how much does your gear generally weigh? And could you afford another 4-6 lbs?
3. On a scale of 1-10, how important is food storage to you?
4. Do you often prepare meals and need a solid level surface?
5. What is a piece of equipment that you would like to see modified and retailed for camping?
6. Is cold storage an issue?
7. Is it difficult to cook meat or veggies over a fire? If you do cook them at all.
8. Would a hot plate be an easier way to cook? (This would not involve electricity or gas)
Please fell free to answer any or all of these questions in any format you wish. Also if you feel that there is something else you would like to contribute to our research please fell free through this thread or by message.
Thanks all that contribute,
Matt and Team Awe Inspired Engineering