Golite Lit Speed Pack

9:25 a.m. on February 6, 2009 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
68 forum posts

Has anybody on forum used ths pack? I like tha panel design and weight. I have a

Mchale for heavier loads. I'm trying to get lighter.

Thanks Ron

9:52 a.m. on February 6, 2009 (EST)
200 reviewer rep
4,122 forum posts

I have a Golite Gust pack, about 3 years old. Weighs about 1 lb. Basically a giant stuff sack with shoulder and waist straps. Two mesh pockets on the bottom backside. Just a drawstring on top. I use my sleeping pad as a innerliner and support for my other Golite items of my Shangri-la tent at about 4 lbs and my Featherlight sleeping bag by Golite at .9 oz rated at 20 degree's. With 2 lbs of food per day and 2 water bottles at 2lb each with water I am looking at about 11 lbs for one day. Add 2 lbs more for each days worth of food.

2:56 p.m. on February 6, 2009 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
68 forum posts

Gary what is your thought on the Jam 2.

9:38 p.m. on February 6, 2009 (EST)
200 reviewer rep
4,122 forum posts

I'll have to go look at it at Golites online catalog, I will get back to you here later.

9:49 p.m. on February 6, 2009 (EST)
200 reviewer rep
4,122 forum posts

Looks like a decent pack. Only weighs 10 oz more than my Gust. Has more pockets,the side cinch straps, extra padding in the hip belt with pockets there too, and the backpadding all with only 10 oz of extra weight compared to my Gust. Interesting!

Looks like a good pack and made by Golite to boot. I like It! Has some of the extra features that would make my Gust a bit better. My Gust has no stability other than when I have my sleeping pad inside as a liner.And the waist strap on my Gust is only a wide nylon belt with a fastlock buckle.

Looks like a good choice Big Tiger!!!

The other pack the Lite Speed is 1 lb heavier. If you want to go light I would stick to the Jam 2

12:54 a.m. on February 7, 2009 (EST)
2 reviewer rep
692 forum posts

Great pack but watch for fit. I would normally take a medium but went with the large torso. As far as being 1 lb heavier than the Jam, not for 2009. The Jam has gained 8 oz. But you really can't compare the two. One is frameless and one has a frame. I also have a Jam 2 (2008) and the Lite Speed carries much better (I prefer frames).

August 22, 2014
Quick Reply