About | Blog | Forums | People | Free Newsletter
Trailspace is a product review site for outdoor enthusiasts. Use it to find and share great gear.

Mystery Ranch MX Trance

5:38 p.m. on February 18, 2009 (EST)
2 reviewer rep
687 forum posts

Anyone ever use one and / or wanted to comment on Mystery Ranch in general? Thanks,

6:42 p.m. on February 18, 2009 (EST)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
2,219 reviewer rep
5,180 forum posts

Dana Gleason's designs are quite good. Barb and I have Terraplanes, which have served well for expeditions and other long-term backcountry travel. My son has one of his Bomb Packs (the name comes from ski patrols and avalanche control people using the pack for carrying the explosives for their avalanche control at ski resorts). These are from when Dana still owned Dana Designs, before he sold the company to K2. Mystery Ranch was started when he became more than a little upset with the direction K2 was taking the original Dana pack designs (they have now dropped the "Dana Designs" name). I had a very friendly and fun talk with Mr. Gleason at the OR Show last month. He seems to have mellowed out a lot. His packs are generally excellent designs and high quality in construction. Some of his latest designs are lighter weight than his earlier packs, but look to be just as durable. Some of the earlier Mystery Ranch designs were a little funky, but all of his designs have done their job very well.

9:54 p.m. on February 18, 2009 (EST)
2 reviewer rep
687 forum posts

Thanks Bill!

3:08 p.m. on February 19, 2009 (EST)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
471 reviewer rep
2,910 forum posts

If you haven't read them yet, there are a couple reviews of the G-6000 and G-5000 here:

http://www.trailspace.com/gear/mystery-ranch/

10:18 p.m. on February 19, 2009 (EST)
2 reviewer rep
687 forum posts

Thanks! Sold out!

They are making some revisions (minor) so expect to have them in about 3 months.......

April 16, 2014
Quick Reply