Struggling between Kelty Yellowstone 6 and REI Hobitat 6

11:28 p.m. on June 29, 2009 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
2 forum posts

Folks,

I have been in a dilemma in terms of which family tent to pick up. The Kelty Yellowstone 6 or the REI Hobitat 6.

Reviews show that Kelty has a better rating but then since I am 6'3" tall (wife is tall too), I though the hobiat would be better. Both have the same height 6'4", but the hobitate is less inclined and has a good height at the sides too.

However I am unfamiliar with the materials etc. So appreciate your help in guiding me to the right choice. This is really important to me.

Thanks,

Dodz.

1:17 a.m. on July 1, 2009 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
2 forum posts

Anyone?

11:44 p.m. on July 1, 2009 (EDT)
38 reviewer rep
134 forum posts

Don'e know about the Kelty, but I can tell you what I don't like about my Hobitat 4. Takes 2 people to set up, one to hold it up, and one to stick poles in the grommets. Not entirely sure it's going to keep out wind-blwon rain either. But it was $89 on the end of year clearance, so I guess I can put up with it. Probably do just as well buying one from Sam's or Costco.

7:41 p.m. on August 9, 2009 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
9 forum posts

I can't offer anything about the Kelty, I'm sure it is a good tent. I have the Hobitat 6 and have no complaints. I can set it up solo very quickly.

September 19, 2014
Quick Reply