ISO a family tent/ 2 connectable tents

1:47 p.m. on July 20, 2009 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1 forum posts

So, sometimes my husband and I camp with the kids, and sometimes we send them to the grandparents for the weekend and camp alone.

I'm looking for a set of tents that can be connected, or used alone. Preferably two dome style tents that can somehow connect- the kids are little, 3 and 6- so I don't want them alone in their own tent.

Does such a thing exist?

Thanks!
Rachel

3:14 p.m. on July 20, 2009 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
649 forum posts

Welcome to Trailspace minaret_2001

I dont know if this what you are looking for but this is the only thing I know of that will do what you are looking for.

http://www.eurekatent.com/pc-118-9-timberline-patrol-vestibule.aspx

I know that Eureka is a reputable company and there gear is good quality. But for the above to work You need to have 2 of these tents.

http://www.eurekatent.com/p-54-timberline-4-tent.aspx

The set up is a bit larger than what you are looking for but I have seen these tents and there not bu any stretch huge. Ad you can get them of the web a lot cheaper. Also if you call them (Eureka) they may have a 2 person version as well.

Also when I was in the Boy Scouts we had these tents in the 2 person configuration and I can attest to there durability (there tough as nails)

9:01 p.m. on July 20, 2009 (EDT)
65 reviewer rep
168 forum posts

That's a good suggestion, Mike. Like you say, the Timberlines are tough as nails, and that Patrol Vestibule ought to do the job -- join the two tents together when the kiddies are along, let them be separate when wanted.

I would go with the Timberline 4XT for at least one of the tents. As a long-time (20+yrs) user of the Timberline 2, I am very pleased with my upgrade last year to the 4XT. I get more head-room, which is great, more useable space in general, which is great, and I like having two doors rather than one. Also, the rain fly comes with a built-in vestibule, which I never had before, and now would not want to do without! For use with the Patrol Vestibule, you would orient the rain fly so that the built-in vestibule was on the opposite end. Storage on that side, and connection on the other. Pretty versatile set-up.

2:36 a.m. on July 21, 2009 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
649 forum posts

And if you really want to get down to brass tac's the Timberland 4XT is really not that heavy if two people if you how you are going to carry it.

11:42 p.m. on July 21, 2009 (EDT)
65 reviewer rep
168 forum posts

Good point, Mike. If one carries poles and fly while the other carries the tent, it would work out to not that much weight for either.

6:56 a.m. on August 1, 2009 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
10 forum posts

I don't know about the quality, but there is a surplus/camping chain in the st louis area that carries a set of two tents that zip together with a tunnel between. The store is called Uncle Sam's surplus.

September 1, 2014
Quick Reply