Mystery of the Pink Backpack

1:24 a.m. on August 27, 2009 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1 forum posts

So I'm a newly wed guy who's trying to introduce his wife to the great outdoors. She seems pretty enthusiastic, but her backpack is my old REI 45 UL, which doesn't quite fit her well and gives her all the problems associated with an ill fitting pack. When I went to buy her a new pack, she made it explicitly clear that her only requirement was that it be pink. Not a reddish-pink or a purpleish-pink. Fully on, barbie doll, bubblegum pink.

Any ideas for a quality 40-55 L pack that comes in that color, or where to have a pack made in that color? No janspot or lands end or weird off-label e-bay, unless it's a real deal backpacking backpack (and hopefully comes with a personal recommendation).

Obviously I've scoured the internet for this and even tried contacting many of the major outdoor equipment manufacturers about this conundrum. I suppose this is what I get for trying to mix starbucks and pedicures with granola and boots.

Help!

1:40 a.m. on August 27, 2009 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
24 forum posts

from my 20 years of backpacking and doing stuff in the outdoors, the only pink packs you will find are going to be from lands end, or even old navy. I wish you luck in this but I am not too confident for you in this search. if you do find one post where you got it I would love to see a picture of a pink backpack.

11:04 a.m. on August 27, 2009 (EDT)
12 reviewer rep
207 forum posts

This spring I gave a woman that was doing the PCT a ride to the store that had a pink pack. I don't know what make or model it was tho. I beleive it was a single compartment ultralight pack. It was light pink with either white pinstipes or fine white pattern of some kind.

11:46 a.m. on August 27, 2009 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
4,141 forum posts

Go to Coleman's website. There is a pink womans backpack. Its the Chinkapin X 65 Model # 8541-606

www.coleman.com go to adventures on the top of the page, click backpacks. It will show a womans pack in hot pink. Features are below.

Specifically made for a women's frame
• Capacity: 2947 - 4400 cu.in. / 65 L• Pack weight: 4lbs. 2 oz.• Harness system adjusts to fit torso range of 14" - 21"• Top loading, internal frame backpack• Top lid converts easily into a lumbar pack• Pack fabrics: 210D Silicone treated nylon diamond ripstop provides outstanding water repellency and shedding 1000D nylon pack cloth bottom for abrasion resistance • Front kangaroo pocket• 4 large external side pockets• Waterproof zippers• Hydration ready (bladder not included)• Ice axe loops and 4 additional lash points (keepers included)• Map pocket• Removable frame sheet and 2 AL stays• Separate sleeping bag compartment• Made in China

5:57 p.m. on August 27, 2009 (EDT)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
998 reviewer rep
3,475 forum posts

HaHa....Gary is the man!

6:15 p.m. on August 27, 2009 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
167 forum posts

kelty used to make a grey nylon external frame pack with pink cordura accents. i have one that i was going to put together and sell. let me know if you want some pixs. it is 85% grey nylon with 15% pink cordura wear points. not sure of the capacity it is on a small mountaineer frame. gary's link is probablly a better bet for you. good luck

11:03 p.m. on August 27, 2009 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
4,141 forum posts

Thank you! Thank you! No applause please, oh thank you!

1:04 a.m. on August 28, 2009 (EDT)
63 reviewer rep
190 forum posts

Golf Clap for Palmer. You are the man, man!

1:05 a.m. on August 28, 2009 (EDT)
63 reviewer rep
190 forum posts

Pink... My daughter would LOVE this pack!

1:51 a.m. on August 28, 2009 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
4,141 forum posts

Whats a Golf Clap? How about the sound of one hand clapping?

8:35 a.m. on August 28, 2009 (EDT)
63 reviewer rep
190 forum posts

Ha! It was late and I didn't want to wake anybody up. ;-)

September 2, 2014
Quick Reply