Children's ski sled

6:55 a.m. on September 1, 2009 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1 forum posts

Hi all, I wonder if someone can help me out.

I am in the UK, and am going to france next year on a family skiing holiday. My little girl will only be 18months old, so am looking at buying / renting a ski pulk / sled for her to ride in. Has anyone got any ideas where i can do this in france, or even buy one in the UK. I can find lots of outlets in the US but nothing this side of the pond!!

Help!!

x x

12:14 p.m. on September 1, 2009 (EDT)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
2,329 reviewer rep
5,287 forum posts

Since most of the professionally made pulks are made in Europe (mostly the Scandinavian countries), they should be easy to find. One of our Norwegian Trailspace members can point you to some websites. I have friends in England who have bought them locally, so I know they are available in the UK.

A number of the French and Swiss resorts do have them for rent at the resorts. They tend to be very popular in Scandinavia, where "crosscountry" skiing (XC) is very popular and there are lots of prepared tracks. XC is not as popular in France, but if you look on the websites of places you are considering, look for track skiing, skate skiing, XC, etc facilities. These often have the kid sleds and pulks for rental.

August 29, 2014
Quick Reply