Marmot Sawtooth vs North Face Blue Kazoo

10:26 a.m. on September 2, 2009 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1 forum posts

Hi, I'm looking to buy a 15 degree down sleeping bag. I narrowed my choice to either the Marmot Sawtooth and The North Face Blue Kazoo....both can be found in my price range. I'm not sure which one to choose. The marmot is slightly lighter and compresses slightly smaller. Any suggestions?

11:52 a.m. on September 2, 2009 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
649 forum posts

I personally would chose the Marmot due to my experience with Marmot sleeping bags. I would not choose the north face due to my friends experience with north face gear I was unimpressed with there service life of his tent.

3:15 p.m. on September 2, 2009 (EDT)
72 reviewer rep
311 forum posts

Have an older Marmot Sawtooth rated at 20 degrees.It has served me well and is still in great condition after 10 years of hard use.I do clean it every year and store it properly like all my gear.I have never been real impressed with the North Face sleeping bags.ymmv.I have however had very good success with their tents in the past,have not bought any of their newer stuff though.As for their garments there is way to much nicer choices on the market to even consider most of their stuff.

3:30 p.m. on September 2, 2009 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
649 forum posts

A while back how long I can't remember but anyway it was regarding the decline of north face products in the past couple of years. Yow may want to look that thread up. At one time I was looking at getting a North Face Tadpol tent and the reviews I read hear and other places was very disconcerting to me in the idea of purchasing a new north face product. Now I realize when reading web reviews you need to read between the lines and pick out the people that well umm you get the point. As Skimanjohn states his positive feedback on Marmot I also have a Marmot Bag as well and it is a very good bag as well.

December 18, 2014
Quick Reply