User Review: GSI Lexan Javapress - Marie Helene Giguere

10:59 a.m. on September 25, 2009 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
39 forum posts

http://www.trailspace.com/gear/gsi/lexan-javapress/review/17894/

Hey Marie,

I saw your review and had the exact same problem. I agree the coffee is great out of the press but I think the problem maybe a design flaw in the press. I have used the press quite a bit and it does get stuck inside way too often. I have also had the filter part broke apart attempting to remove it. When this happened I call GSI and they sent me two new filters no questions asked but they were quick to describe the problem to me on the phone as if I were the 100th person that day to call. I have since broken another filter and by no means am I being to rough with it... Just normal use. At this point I have replaced the filter that comes with it with a metal filter I had from a broken glass press I used at home. So far so good... It doesn't get stuck and makes good coffee but I think the Metal will eventually scratch the Lexan plastic. I don't really care too much if it does as long as it makes good coffee... :)

November 22, 2014
Quick Reply