Garmont Syncro Plus gtx

10:44 p.m. on September 29, 2009 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1 forum posts

Hi there. I'm looking at getting a new pair of boots. The Garmont Syncro Plus gtx to be exact. Some reviews say that they are "good for light hiking".

I carry a 45lb pack (3-4nights) and wondering if these will offer enough support and protection for a backpacking boot??

Thanks

3:31 p.m. on October 2, 2009 (EDT)
72 reviewer rep
311 forum posts

This i think would be a personel choice.I have seen folks carrying that kind of weight in tennis shoes or low top trail running shoes.This i could not do,my feet would be very unhappy.Also it would depend on what type of terrain you will be hiking on.Very rocky,side hill and large scree slopes would call for more support.I use a "light",over ankle,hiking boot for general backpacking but do not carry loads over 23lbs when doing so.Have tried some of the low top shoes but Iam not happy with them with anything over a light day pack.Last but not least a lite mountaineering boot for snow or rugged terrain backpacking.ymmv

July 31, 2014
Quick Reply