Gaz canisters available

3:13 a.m. on October 22, 2009 (EDT)
30 reviewer rep
187 forum posts

Hi all,

I recently bought a new compact stove, and the primary reason I did was that I could not find the old Gaz canisters for sale anywhere. The Gaz canisters are not being imported anymore,or so I thought. They are NOT at REI, but Big 5 Sporting goods does have them. FYI

Snakey

11:04 a.m. on October 22, 2009 (EDT)
210 reviewer rep
4,288 forum posts

The Gaz stove was my first butane stove, i bought my first one in AK in 1978. I used it for about 25 years till I bought my current pocket rocket in 2001. It was a nice little stove tho being the canister could not be taken off once screwed on. Sometimes I never knew how much fuel was left after not using during working season.

1:28 a.m. on October 24, 2009 (EDT)
30 reviewer rep
187 forum posts

Gary,

I got the Pocket Rocket!! That is one great little stove! REI had it for $29.99 and that was a steal. The Gaz stove is HUGE in comparison.

6:03 p.m. on October 24, 2009 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
55 forum posts

Coleman bought Gaz at some point so cannisters, stoves, lanterns, mantles, etc are available from them or at thier outlets. They charge 4.99 for the big cv 470 size cannisters at the local outlet. I used to pay that for the 270 size at other retailers. I have never used the puncture type and don't want to either.

November 23, 2014
Quick Reply