Help! Need Good Hiking Boots

11:15 p.m. on November 3, 2009 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
3 forum posts

Hello,

I moved to Colorado last year, and I've been doing a lot of easy/moderate hiking. However, my feet has not enjoyed it too much. I have wide feet for a female, and my first pair of hiking shoes bruised the little bone on the outside of both my feet. I stayed off my feet for a while, then got new wider hiking shoes when I felt I was ready to hike again. Things were good for a while. Then, I hiked the West Spanish Peak in southern Colorado and bruised both of my toes under the nails, and had to get both of my toe nails removed. I'm now waiting for them to grow back.

Obviously, I don't have the right hiking boots for me. Could someone recommend a good store or chain in Colorado that would fit my feet correctly for hiking shoes? Even running shoes? Also, any recommendations for wide hiking shoes/running shoes would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for responses. It's truly appreciated!

10:39 a.m. on November 4, 2009 (EST)
72 reviewer rep
311 forum posts

You may want to try putting this topic in the gear forum.Also take a look at some of the recent postings about boots,comes up very often and usually has the same answers...what works for your foot and needs.

11:41 a.m. on November 4, 2009 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
3 forum posts

Thanks! I have posted in the Gear forum. I just really want to know where to go to get fitted correctly for hiking boots. The places I have gone before haven't done such a great job...

5:13 p.m. on November 4, 2009 (EST)
10 reviewer rep
479 forum posts

There has been a discussion with a few fitters at http://www.backpacker.com/ and their gear forum.

October 31, 2014
Quick Reply