The North Face Apex Bionic Jacket

8:26 p.m. on November 13, 2009 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
1 forum posts

I am thinking about purchasing The North Face Apex Bionic Jacket for the early skiing season and I was wondering if anyone can offer their opinion if it would be good for this or not?

10:09 p.m. on November 16, 2009 (EST)
2 reviewer rep
166 forum posts

I have this jacket and it works wonderfully when day hiking in the late fall and winter, and xc skiing. It sheds light rain, and snow; has very good wind resistance; and forms well to my body. I wear a brynje fishnet top under a light wool shirt with this jacket (in my pack I carry a wool sweater or a medium weight fleece layer). I add a xc ski cap and light weight liner style gloves. I have not worn this jacket above timberline and doubt it would be adequate for exposed, windy areas.

11:51 p.m. on November 17, 2009 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
2 forum posts

Hey!

I have the Apex Bionic Thermal Jacket and LOVE it. I looked at the Apex Bionic Jacket for winter sports (hiking, backpacking) but it looked a bit thin so I perchased the one I have instead and it's been perfect. Now I don't ski but I think layered with the correct base layer it would work well...I know it's been perfect for hiking.

4:38 a.m. on November 22, 2009 (EST)
36 reviewer rep
74 forum posts

I love the Apex Bionic! I have 2 of them and it's great for hiking, and just using it for a day to day regular jacket. Plus it looks great.

It stops the wind and rain pretty well and I've worn it in 20 degree weather with minimal insulation underneath and was very comfortable.

I think it's it's the best jacket North Face makes...

December 18, 2014
Quick Reply