Mountain Hardwear Wraith -20 Degree Down Sleeping Bag VS Marmot Col EQ minus 20 Degree Down Sleeping Bag

2:11 a.m. on January 1, 2010 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
6 forum posts

hi, everyone!

please help me to choose one of this sleeping bags for my next mountaineering trips.

thank you!

7:57 p.m. on January 2, 2010 (EST)
72 reviewer rep
311 forum posts

Have you taken a look at Western Mountaineering or Feathered Friends yet?Much better bags.ymmv

11:15 p.m. on January 2, 2010 (EST)
REVIEW CORPS
1,195 reviewer rep
1,063 forum posts

Marmot > MH (always; generally due to higher quality down and better fabrics)

2:59 p.m. on January 6, 2010 (EST)
71 reviewer rep
440 forum posts

I'm lusting after a Western Mountaineering bag myself. If choosing between the Marmot and MH, I'd probably choose the Marmot, but with some hesitation as I sense their quality control isn't quite what it used to be. I've got gear from both, and have been very satisfied, generally. In my brief comparison of the two, the Col EQ gets my vote. Overall construction details seem better. Size essentially same (looking specifically at shoulder girth). Weight, price same, M/L.

Equivalent WM bag would be the Puma GWS. A C-note more or thereabouts, but probably worth it, if I'm the one spending the money.

12:56 a.m. on January 7, 2010 (EST)
447 reviewer rep
277 forum posts

After buying and then returning a MH Phantom 32 (for lack of loft) I got a WM Megalite 30 deg, bag and was VERY satisfied. (Oh, yeah, the Megalite did cost $100. more but has been well worth the price these last 3 summers.)

6:46 p.m. on January 13, 2010 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
6 forum posts

thank you everyone for your help and suggestions! i'm still waiting for more opinions. good luck!

August 1, 2014
Quick Reply