all terrain boots

4:05 p.m. on January 20, 2010 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
1 forum posts

i was just wondering if anyone knew if there are a pair of boots that ayou can go anywhere in such as water and land thanks for any help

7:34 p.m. on January 21, 2010 (EST)
TOP 25 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
2,439 reviewer rep
1,292 forum posts

would need more info to advise. what season? what's your intended use?

if you are thinking about warm weather, there are "water shoes" from various manufacturers that offer a little more support than a pair of keens/chacos/tevas that i would probably use for day hiking, if you anticipate a lot of water crossings. my preference is to hike in hiking boots/shoes, then stop, change shoes, and use the water shoes for water crossings. hiking in most water shoes gives me blisters b/c i can't wear socks with them. i occasionally do light day hikes in chacos or keens but find they (a) are more prone to causing blisters and (b) are really good at collecting little stones under my foot, which can get tedious on a long walk.

9:03 a.m. on January 22, 2010 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
581 forum posts

Herters used to sell Bog Shoes in the 1960's. A Bog Shoe was like a small Jonboat fastened to each foot. These allowed you to go over soft ground, mud, and onto a pond as if you were cross-country skiing. Walking on water. Of course you had to carry the Bog Shoes over dry ground.

1:24 p.m. on January 22, 2010 (EST)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

As far as water shoes go I have a pair of Teva Omniums that I picked up last season that work well. Plus they protect my feet.

I have the same general approach as leadbelly. I throw on the Tevas with a pair of neoprene socks in cold weather.

11:03 a.m. on February 1, 2010 (EST)
3 reviewer rep
9 forum posts
8:54 a.m. on April 3, 2010 (EDT)
15 reviewer rep
30 forum posts
September 20, 2014
Quick Reply