2 Person Backpacking Tents

8:07 p.m. on February 10, 2010 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
2 forum posts

Just looking for some thoughts on 2 person backpacking tents. I found a few posts here, but they were several years old and knowing how quickly gear changes/improves, I thought I'd post again to get some updated input.

I don't have any real requirements other than it's got to be long enough for my 6'3" frame to fit into. Lighter, obviously, is always better - so long as it doesn't break the bank.

Looking for 3 seasons and I live in the PNW so rainshowers are certainly a possibility.

Thanks for the info!

9:09 p.m. on February 10, 2010 (EST)
72 reviewer rep
311 forum posts

To get more pnw info try NWhikers.net and portlandhikers.org.Both web sites are in the pnw and will give you lots of info.I live in Portland Oregon and feel the nw has its own "brand" of rain and conditions.More like long drawn out rain,except this winter.Good luck and let us know how it goes.

10:25 p.m. on February 10, 2010 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
2 forum posts

thanks!

3:30 a.m. on February 11, 2010 (EST)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

http://www.outdoor-gear-online.com/eureka-mountain-pass-2xte.html

I have the 2(see pics & the 3) I swear by them. The 3 is in my avatar.....

10:58 a.m. on February 11, 2010 (EST)
2 reviewer rep
16 forum posts

Second the 2xte -- good tent.

11:29 a.m. on February 11, 2010 (EST)
200 reviewer rep
4,072 forum posts

Personally I like the Shangri-La 5 tent see picture

Weigh 2 lbs 15 oz, two person tent, plenty of head room, $350

Bamboo shown and Evergreen. Is a good three season tent. Comes in three parts, rainfly,no-see-um with floor or just floor section.

I have all three sections for different seasonal use.

See it at http://www.golite.com/Product/ProdDetail.aspx?p=370005110&mc=154&t=&lat=

2:39 p.m. on February 11, 2010 (EST)
447 reviewer rep
277 forum posts
Re: 2 Person Backpacking Tents SCARP 2

I'd give the TarpTent Scarp 2 a close look. It has the option of either a netting inner tent for summer or a mostly ripstop tent for colder weather - or get both and have "two" tents for all seasons.

I'm getting a Scarp 2 W/ ripstop inner when Henry comes out with the lower canopy B/C I want it primarily for winter camping.

Eric

12:55 p.m. on March 2, 2010 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
6 forum posts
Re: 2 Person Backpacking Tents SCARP 2

I have the REI Arete ASL 2 and I'm very pleased with it. It is under 6lbs packed and really is robust enough to be considered a 4 season tent. I've used it a few times now and other than wishing for a bit more ventilation I have nothing negative to say about this tent.

July 25, 2014
Quick Reply