Asolo Hikers in WI???

9:09 a.m. on March 3, 2010 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
5 forum posts

Does anyone know of a store in Wisconsin (mainly around NE WI) where they carry Asolo Hiking Boots? I want to get a pair, but can't see buying some on the internet and not fitting them first.

11:08 a.m. on March 3, 2010 (EST)
110 reviewer rep
762 forum posts

Don't know how close to Cabela's you are, but they sell the Fugitive GTX.

Click on the boot for reviews!

1:40 p.m. on March 3, 2010 (EST)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
685 reviewer rep
3,100 forum posts

So, I was going to suggest you look for Asolo retailers on the Asolo site, since companies often list bricks and mortar stores distributing their products.

However, Asolo's search doesn't work right:

http://asolo.com/eng/distributors.php

Sorry, that doesn't work. Maybe you can call or e-mail Asolo directly.

7:02 p.m. on March 3, 2010 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
5 forum posts

"However, Asolo's search doesn't work right:"

That was the first place I looked was on their website! I wish they could get that up and running correctly and maybe list the United States in the search box.

Don't know how close to Cabela's you are, but they sell the Fugitive GTX.

I was planning on making another trip down to Cabela's soon, but their website did not list Asolos at all. I was hoping they did carry them in the stores though. I really have my heart set on the FSN 95 GTX. If anyone knows of a store in WI that has those specific Asolos, please let me know!

Thanks all.

11:30 a.m. on March 4, 2010 (EST)
63 reviewer rep
123 forum posts

unfortunately cabelas website is not very comprehensive. each store has quite a bit of mdse that is not available on-line. and for that matter each store has quite a bit of mdse that isn't available in the other stores. if they have it in your store, try the prefekt hiker light. i think they compared favorable compared to the asolos.

12:19 p.m. on March 4, 2010 (EST)
25 reviewer rep
14 forum posts

I don't mean to plug, but I used to work in a local shoe store called Tradehome Shoes. Its a small "chain" located around the mid-west. I know they don't carry Asolo but I think that the Green Bay store carries a brand called Ecco. They are pretty spendy but in all honesty they are worth the money. When I worked there they had a model made with Yak leather and it was tough as nails. The other great thing with the Ecco brand is the sole is made with a freon-free polyurethane sole. Doesn't compress over time and I have seen the shoes last upwards of a decade. Also the sole is molded onto the shoe rather then being glued. Anyways just throwing some suggestions out there.

Sorry since you said NE WI I just assumed you lived in Green Bay. They also have stores all across Wisconsin so they are not that hard to find.

Yes the employees are salesman/women so they are gonna talk at you/to you.

1:49 p.m. on March 4, 2010 (EST)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

REI in Brookfield

http://www.rei.com/stores/60

There is also one in Madison...

http://www.rei.com/stores/48

I have Power Matic 500s and a pair of TPS 520s. Both are great boots and I have different uses for them. I feel the 500(toe rand) is better suited for scree and I use the 520s for trail use. Keep in mind that both are FGLs so they do have questionable breathing characteristics since they are also Gore-Tex lined. I am looking into getting a pair of FSN 95s for the warmer seasons being that they are a synthetic upper w/Gore so they should breathe a bit better. I know REI carries Asolo. If they do not have the model you are looking for talk to them. They may be able to order it for ya. Hope this helps.

1:55 p.m. on March 4, 2010 (EST)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

You could always look into shops in your neighboring state as well if the REI links don't do the trick for ya.

5:07 a.m. on March 5, 2010 (EST)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

I have my email address listed on my profile. If ya need any further help let me know and I will do the best I can to help ya out.

October 22, 2014
Quick Reply