Need Information About Temporary Storages

11:29 a.m. on March 10, 2010 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
1 forum posts

Hi all, I am from London and I am planning for trip to Sydney about 30days. I wanna keep my important things safely for all these days. Please help me regarding the same. Thanks in advance,,,,

1:21 p.m. on March 10, 2010 (EST)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
2,430 reviewer rep
5,312 forum posts

rozordermit -

It would help if you were a bit more specific. Are you talking about storing your stuff in London while you are in Sydney, or storing stuff in Sydney? And what sort of things? Storing gear you aren't going to use all the time is one thing (there are temporary storage lockers to rent in major cities all over the world), while storing valuable papers, jewelry, and other items of high monetary value is quite another (banks and safe deposit companies are located in many major cities around the world as well for storing items up to a meter or so in each dimension). How long storage are you talking about, and how much access do you want?

For example, when I go on long expeditions, I often make arrangements with the hotel, hostel, or B&B where I will be spending the first and last few nights of the trek to store my "town clothes" and items not needed on the trek. Some of these also offer "safe storage" of valuable items or can point me to a bank that offers short-term "safe storage". There are also storage garages in the US, Canada, Australia, and throughout the EU where you can leave your automobile for a few days or weeks. In Europe, I have encountered "garages" for storage of my touring bicycle while hiking in the mountains.

October 22, 2014
Quick Reply