2 forum posts
Seeking recommendations for a female boot for the following foot type - very wide toe base, relatively narrow heal, high arch/high volume foot.
Vasque Breeze wide width with super feet inserts - 18 mile trip (after 30-35 miles of break in use) resulted in blisters at base of heals and blisters and hot spots on pinky toes (using the standard 2 pairs of socks- liner and thick wool hiker).
Asolo - in store - some pressure on pinky toes, but more significant pain on inner ankle bone, even when they matted down the padding
Keen - some are actually wide enough for my toes! but then the heel slips up significantly, even with super feet, and further inserts are likely to constrict the arch.
Lowa - didn't have my size, but seemed a bit tight in the toes (and very little toe protection on that particular boot)
1. These seem to be the only brands that are stocked in local stores. Are there any brands that might work?
2. Does it make a difference if I do full grain leather versus new tech materials?
3. Have also been researching custom made. Is that my only viable option?
4. Is it possible my feet just need to toughen up?
5. I wear a women's 8 - any brands stock men's 6, and would that help?