MSR Hubba Hubba fly only set-up

12:18 a.m. on May 16, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
5 forum posts

I just bought the MSR Hubba Hubba based on its self-proclaimed flexibility. All the ads indicate that it can be set-up in one of 2 freestanding tarp-shelter modes. The problem is, there is no indication of how to do that in the instructions or on the websites. I've googled, and you-tubed, but haven't found any indication of how to set these up. Admittedly, it might take only a little fooling around with it, but I'd rather have a heads up on how to do it before I try it. Anybody have any experience setting up with only the frame and fly, and / or the frame, fly, and footprint? Any tips on how to do those set-ups?

Thanks

Ironbirdexplorer

8:18 a.m. on May 16, 2010 (EDT)
102 reviewer rep
2,285 forum posts

The tent mode should be self explanatory, and can optionally include the footprint.

The tarp only mode is actually tarp + foot print. The footprint has grommets to capture the tent poles, then you stretch the rain fly over the poles.

Ed

1:25 a.m. on May 24, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
5 forum posts

I got it. Thanks.

August 22, 2014
Quick Reply